If you are a corporate working professional like me, you could easily relate to the significance of compulsion formal dressing. It is deemed appropriate in the high profile work culture where business meets, presentations, strategies, implementations are of utmost importance for the growth and success of your organization and so is the way you dress officially. Well tailored office wear with appropriate shoes and well groomed personality is need of the hour. But is it really! I believe a bit of formal twist in your otherwise boring office wear can actually make you quiet a head-turner at your workplace, and hold a strong presence of your personality while you present the business plan.
Gone are the days where boring formal attire changed people’s thought process and outlook towards you. Over the years the trend has changed and formal wear with a twist is the trendiest fashion upgrade across the world. Up your office style quotient by giving it a trendy twist. Most important thing to remember is business attire should not only convey your credibility and competence but also reflect some personality of your own without overdoing it. Let me quickly share some tips which can help you wear your formal attire with the much needed twist.
- Colors: Play with colors. Do not panic with the thought that some colors might look loud and you may turn out to be the topic of discussion at your workplace (People, who love gossips, would talk about you anyways ;). Confidence, right kind of attitude and well placed colors in your official closet is the key to stay fashionably stylish and still formally dressed for work.
- Bag it up: More often than not, the bag you carry with your formal wear is as important as your attire. Make sure the bag you carry is stylish, classy and formal at the same time. Keep the bag clean on the inside and spacious enough to fit all your work related belongings.
- Accessorize but don’t over accessorize: Your accessories should complement your formal wear and not make it look loud in anyways. If it’s done correctly,it can instantly uplift your formal wear and make you look smartly dressed for business.
- Shoes: Last one on the list but one of the most crucial one. Shoes can say a lot about your personality. Make sure they are clean, polished, in good condition and also well balanced with your work attire.
Let me also highlight some Don’ts for you.
- Fittings: ILL fitted clothes do not look good, Period. Especially when it comes to formal dressing they might make you look out of place and shabby. Proper fit is the most essential part of formal dressing with or without the formal twist.
- Neon and overtly flashy colors: Yes, I did mention you need to be confident enough to play with colors, but that does not mean you can get away with overtly flashy colors. They certainly aren’t the best choices when it comes to professional meetings. They can act as distraction. So select your colors wisely. If one of the colors is on the brighter side make sure you break it with some subtle color.
In today’s post I have tried to break the monotony of wearing boring formal wear by giving it a twist. I have played with a bright color and to balance the effect opted for a white jumpsuit. It balanced out my look and gave it the required formal twist as well.
Yellow Blazer: Pramod
Nude Pumps: Koovs
Style Tip for the Day: Formal wear has definitely crossed its restricted territory and limitations. It’s time we embrace the concept of formal wear with a twist and also add our own individualistic sense of style to it. Flaunt it with attitude and confidence and you are good to go 🙂
Picture Courtesy: Anup Surve
Location Courtesy: “The Usual Place” Navi Mumbai, A place to relax, unwind, be entertained, play pool, jenga, chess, monopoly and more. A place to relish exclusively prepared delicacies and the thoughtfully created cocktails and coffees.