Just like me I have come across hundreds of girls or women looking for solutions to their hair and skin problems and expecting miracles to happen overnight. But the question; is can transformation happen overnight? Or for that matter within a week, my answer to this is “No”. Certain thing’s should not be tampered or played around with.
In my post today, I shall share with you my five most essential daily beauty chores that I have been following religiously. There was a time I was too lazy and laid back to care about my skin or anything related to beauty. This lethargy costed me dull skin and lifeless hair. Before my negligence could do further damage I decided to take control. I perhaps understood the importance of a healthy glowing skin and adapted five most essential beauty regimen. Some simple and inexpensive skin and hair care products can do wonders. All that is required from your end is patience, adherence and not more than 15 to 20 minutes of your time on a daily basis.
So let’s get going with the five most essential beauty routines.
You want everything perfect for your face; no one wants to walk out of the house with uneven skin or pimples, which calls for some unwanted attention. I am sure most of you must have heard about these beauty regimes umpteen times but the fact is they are most essential for a beautiful healthy skin.
Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing (CTM) Routine:
- Cleansing – It’s important to cleanse your skin after you get back from work or before going to bed. Cleansing means complete removal of all makeup and dust from your skin.
- Toning – Cleansing should be compulsorily followed by toning, we miss out on this step frequently but what we should keep in mind is that toning reduces the pore size and dead skin that causes dullness.
- Moisturizing – Cleansing and toning leaves your skin bare and your open skin pores tend to lose moisture leading to dry skin. It also protects your skin from damage caused by harsh sun rays.
There many products available in the market, but I personally feel after using a lot of branded makeup on your face, for CTM (Cleansing, Toning & Moisturizing) going herbal helps in rejuvenating the skin. I prefer using Himalaya Herbals, they come in a pack of two and three, can be bought separately as well. Apart from Himalaya, Neutrogena, products though not herbal are equally good and I can surely vouch for it on any given day.
- We all know that Sunlight consists of ultraviolet rays (UV), UVA rays are present throughout the day and overexposure to them are the most important causes of premature aging on skin, sunburn, wrinkling, tan and even skin cancer.
- Always apply sunscreen lotion before stepping out in the sun, ideally apply it approx 20 to 30 minutes before sun exposure.
My favorite Sunscreen is Lotus Herbals Safe Sun. I have been using Lotus Safe Sun SPF 30, it works well for me, and you may choose the SPF as per your skin tone.
Many of you will agree, body lotion provides many benefits to people who make time and use it on regular basis.
- Body lotion seals moisture into the skin to prevent drying.
- Softens dry areas of your skin and body.
- Works wonders on dehydrated skin.
The best part of body lotion is that your body feels and smells good. I recommend Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Glow. Nivea & Ponds Body Lotion are also a good alternative.
Your lips have to be beautiful and attractive. Don’t we all love pink and juicy lips!! It is important that they are well taken care of; the truth is none of us want Chapped, Dry & Dark lips.
Simple tips can give you splendid lips:
- Drinking lots of water to keep your lips hydrated.
- Applying a lip balm to keep your lips moisturized.
- Avoid smoking if you are a smoker.
- Stop licking your lips often as they cause dryness.
I just can’t do without my Nivea Lip Care Balm; they not only smell good but also come in different flavors. They leave natural tint on your lips. The other product that I bank on is Vaseline Petroleum Jelly; it prevents moisture loss from your lips. Massage your lips smoothly after applying it and follow it every day for the results to show.
Taking care of your hair becomes most important; specially when we are living in a world where your hair is not only exposed to harsh sun rays but also to a ton of chemical products, hair dryers, ironing machines, and of course stress and unhealthy eating habits.
For long I had been careless and too lazy to take care of my hair. However, off late I do take efforts to control,fix and reverse the damage.
A few of things that should not be ignored:
- Oiling of hair is a must, we have been listening about the importance of hair oiling since ages but trust me regular oiling is as essential as eating and drinking water every day.
- Our very old Parachute Coconut Hair Oil is still one of the best in market today, massage warm oil into your hair for at least 5 minutes, leave it overnight or for an hour before you wash your hair; and oil your hair at least 2 to 3 times in a week for lustrous hair.
- Also if you have been using a lot of chemical products, hot curlers and so on try and go for a Hair Spa at least once in a month. It helps in controlling hair damage to some extent.
- Lastly, for people who use hot hair irons like me, do not use the machine directly on your hair. It will not only effect your roots but also the hair strands, further adding to hair breakage and split ends.
- Use a good heat protection mist; apply it on your hair before you iron them. I have been using Tony & Guy Heat Protection Mist. There are a few other good options as well, one of which is L’Oreal Heat Protect.
To sum it all up the one thing that does magic to your skin and hair is Water. Drinking about 2 liters or 7 to 8 glasses in a day is the bare minimum that we should all be doing. Adequate and regular water consumption has numerous benefits but, since we are talking about beauty it is an added plus for healthy, hydrated and glowing skin.
Beauty Tip for the Day: Remember! Even if you are blessed with beautiful and blemish free skin, a bit of effort will ensure that you have fabulous skin for years to come.
Beauty Mantra for the Day: The skin is a living, breathing organ, if you don’t take care of it, who will?
So until my next post Lovelies.
Stay Beautiful Stay Stylish 🙂